Skip to content
My mother-in-law makes the best version of this dish, and it is always devoured at family gatherings!
This is a great way to enjoy fresh cabbage, and also holds well in the fridge!
You will need
- 1 head of Cabbage (green and red makes for a fun looking mix; but we usually use whatever's fresh on hand)
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Carrot, Shredded
- 2 packages of Crunchy Asian Noodles (Ramen!)
- 1/2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, Diced
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Seed Oil (or your preferred oil, avocado is also great!)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Honey (we use this instead of sugar for our dressings)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Break up your noodles. In a fry pan, add butter and toast almonds, sunflower seeds and noodles over medium heat until they begin to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor, shred cabbage and carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and seasonings from noodles. Add in the cabbage, carrots, and diced onion. Add cooled and toasted noodles, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Toss to coat.
- Can be served immediately or chilled.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.